Do you want a career where you can use your
skills to make a difference?
Do you want to be a part of a growing and
Do you want to work for an organization where
you can get noticed for your commitment to success?
Want to work for an organization committed in
your growth and development after graduation?
No matter what your style is, Belk has something to offer you. Belk is changing the face of retail; be a part of our future.
As a participant in the Belk Intern
to Leadership Program (ILP) you will gain real word experience and exposure to
various functional areas. You will focus on analyzing business trends while
building relationships with executives, customers, and the sales team. You will
gain experience through structured shadowing assignments, workshop modules, and
formal mentorship during the 10-week program.
Our goal is to show you a career
path where you can become a Stores Management Emerging Leader upon college
graduation. You will be provided with a real life snapshot of how run to a
multimillion dollar business and accelerate your Belk career.
The 2017 summer Intern to
Leadership Program is looking to hire numerous Retail Management
candidates across the southeast region. Locations will include:
- Plan and collaborate on events and merchandising decisions in
- Assist in executing the store’s side of our Omni channel strategy
and other Belk initiatives
- One-on-one mentoring with a Store executive
- Shadowing assignments in all areas of the store
- Complete assigned
projects by working with others within your department, gaining a broad
perspective on both the functions of the department and how it relates to
the overall goals of the company.
- Timely completion
of assigned ILP projects working as a team with fellow ILP cohorts and
using departmental resources.
- Rising college senior planning to graduate between December 2017
and May 2018
- Retail selling/management and customer service experience
- Proven strong academic performer (GPA of 3.0
or higher preferred)
- Leadership skills that include professional business ethics,
confidence and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and manage complex
- Ability to prioritize projects and execute multiple tasks to drive
sales and customer service
- Strong business background with ability to analyze data, draw
conclusions and take action
- Strong interest in retail
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Belk for this position now or in the future
Back to Job List