Position Summary:The Safety Specialist/EMT will serve as the site’s medical representative in the Fulfillment Center (FC). The SS/EMT will provide functions such as first aid treatment to injured employees, actively analyze tasks for potential safety issues, participate in the workers’ compensation process, and implement a site wellness program. Under the general direction of the LP/Safety Manager ensures that the safety plan reflects corporate policy and complies with the prevailing safety requirements of the FC.The SS/EMT will function as a part of the larger safety team onsite, helping to provide assistance with all health and safety needs. This includes attending weekly associate safety committee meetings, greeting all new hires for the site, either within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through one-on-one interaction. They will also participate, as needed, in incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings
- Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization.
- Provide triage, first-and and or referral to outside medical provider, if indicated.
- Maintain all records of treatment given to associates.
- Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the treatment of associates.
- Create a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for all employees on restrictions given by a medical provider.
- Provide daily activity logs to the safety team and senior leadership team. Provide analysis of all onsite incidents on a monthly basis including recommendations on how to reduce the risk and severity of injuries within the FC.
- Prepare equipment specific and detailed lock out tag out procedures for variety of manufacturing equipment
- Conduct confined space entry assessments at FC
- Conduct machine guarding assessments for a variety of manufacturing equipment
- Frequent “floor time” to interact with both associates and managers. Attend and speak at “start-up” meetings.
- Assist in work and non-work related accident investigations.
- Understand and learn each department and job function within the FC to fully understand the body mechanics involved in every task.
- Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process.
- Initiate and maintain Worker’s Compensation cases when applicable. General follow with associates involved in work related injuries.
- Frequently follows up with associates on transitional work assignments to ensure working within restrictions and the provide the appropriate care when needed.
- Update the communication board with medical and safety tips for the FC.
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Associate's degree in EMT or diploma from paramedic program meeting DOT guidelines.
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Certified to teach First-Aid, CPR and AED
- Associate will be required to maintain all medical credentials
- Must be able to work flexible shifts which could include days, nights and/or weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Back to Job List