Position Summary:The Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of hourly associates in a large, multi-function environment. His/Her primary area of focus is driving team performance while completing Cycle Counts and inventory reconciliation functions. The position also includes decision-making in evaluating performance, hiring and termination of hourly associates in partnership with the Inventory Control Manager.
- Train, coach and develop associates; drive efficient work methods to meet and exceed departmental productivity goals for cycle counting and related inventory functions
- Optimize SKU locations by merchandise size via customer demand, inventory level requirements, merchandise type
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in the execution of business strategies by providing front line supervision and direction to a team of hourly associates, both Belk and contracted staffing.
- Monitor results by shift/work area and communicate metrics to Inventory Control Manager
- Sets work schedules and communicates clear expectations for team members regarding expected results in order to meet Cycle Count goals and other inventory related priorities
- Will spend approximately 75% of time on the floor with hourly associates building relationships, coaching, teaching, developing and providing performance feedback
- Analyzes and reports inventory discrepancies and slotting issues
- Account for in-stock merchandise conditions by audit, create exception reports and optimize inventory turns.
- Run reports in PKMS process SKU location transfers and validate cycle counts are performed daily as assigned by hourly employees
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a supervisor in a production, manufacturing, warehousing, or consolidation environment.
- Preferred experience in retail distribution and/or fulfillment, especially in a location with a high unique SKU count
- PKMS iSeries, AS/400 and Manhattan experience preferred
- RF/wireless network experience as well as experience with Cisco wireless technology and hardware is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of PC hardware, software, networking WAN/LAN systems, and database systems
Back to Job List