Position Summary:The Fulfillment Supervisor is a key member of the fulfillment team and is responsible for driving associate engagement, productivity, quality, accuracy, and safety in a specific area (inbound, merchandise stocking, order picking, order sorting, or outbound/shipping) by providing leadership and day to day direction to a team of numerous hourly associates. The Fulfillment Supervisor is also responsible for close collaboration with peers in other departments to ensure all decisions/outcomes align with the overall site goals and objectives.
- Supervise associates (both Belk and contracted staffing) as they unload and process incoming freight, put away merchandise in warehouse locations, pick merchandise and consolidate orders, pack orders, or ship packages direct to consumers.
- Supervise secondary production functions associated with their currently assigned department, such as recycling, returns, return to vendor processes, make ready/audit functions, etc.
- Implement optimal staffing mix during assigned shift for applicable department(s) in partnership with management and the production/wave planning office
- Monitor conveyor/sorter system to ensure goods flow properly within the facility; communicate best practices for conveying goods to associates within department(s) of responsibility as well as upstream and downstream departments.
- Maintain accurate records of processed and put away merchandise, packages and shipments, gift packaging, tracking numbers, etc. as well as associate productivity. Prepare daily reports of these metrics for the management team and provide appropriate feedback to associates to support accountability and recognition.
- Maintain high quality and productivity standards in assigned department(s) by providing continuous direction, training, and motivation to hourly associates (up to 75% time spent on production floor).
- Coach and develop production leads in the day to day motivation and support of hourly order processors
- Present problem analysis of operational issues to the inbound/outbound manager on duty (such as dips in productivity) and recommend solutions in a creative and logical manner
- Be solution oriented and routinely make recommendations for continuous improvement within the site
- Exercise the autonomy to make operational decisions on the fly to keep the building plans on track and support the business
- Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organization policies and communications
- In partnership with the Wave Planning area, plan and use independent discretion to organize day-to-day operations activities/objectives.
- Appropriately communicate with, follow up with, and support associates in a timely manner.
- Ability to leverage the various systems in the facility to generate reports, understand trends and potential road blocks, interpret any corrective measures needed and execute plans to achieve desired outcome
- Monitor hourly/daily reporting and escalate concerns when needed
- Must be able to learn, understand, and regularly execute tasks related to the various software programs used to run the facility. i.e. WMS, WCS, LMS, YMS, TMS, etc.
- Associates degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- 2 or more years of applicable experience
- Relevant education may be substituted for direct experience
- Specific work or project experience: Receiving, shipping, consolidation, assembly; supervising employees tasked with basic production/operational duties
- Industry experience: Manufacturing, Warehouse, Logistics, Parcel/Shipping, Retail
Back to Job List