The Financial Analyst position will be responsible for providing analytical support for Fulfillment Center initiatives, KPI improvement, expense reporting, support in developing departmental budgets and forecasts, develop education material for the broader Belk organization and support key stakeholders in preparation for peak period. The Analyst will be responsible for driving analysis, creation of operational and financial reporting, executive dashboards and provide recommendations with an innate focus on key performance metrics and cost drivers related to Fulfillment Center initiatives that would enable informed and effective business decisions.
· Identify and analyze data/trends, building correlations between operational metrics that drive both strategic and tactical opportunities
· Partner with cross functional teams to establish and drive improvement in packaging requirements for the Fulfillment Centers
· Provide analytical support for the design, pilot and rollout of Fulfillment-based initiatives
· Support the development of departmental budgets and forecast variances to budget depending on trend, developments or initiatives
· Develop monthly Supply Chain expense reporting package for Senior management, identify trends and drivers and make actionable recommendations to improve performance.
· Develop and track profitability metrics within the Fulfillment Center and recommend measures to improve
· Develop informational material to educate the broader Belk organization on Fulfillment expense, inventory management, fulfillment metrics, etc.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to support relevant activities related to peak period planning and overall Supply Chain initiatives.
· Under minimum supervision, this position designs, analyzes, and creates management reports/presentations and dashboards that assist senior leadership within the Fulfillment Center to help understand trends, variances, and opportunities.
· Propose alternative strategic and operational tactics to further improve overall results and efficiency.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with multiple teams and directly with the department team members to gather required data needed to validate accuracy.
· Perform analysis to reconcile data to source reports to resolve discrepancies.
· Identify opportunities for innovation, productivity improvement and savings.
· Additional duties as assigned.