The Systems/ Business Analyst provides technical expertise related to various applications. Works with Business partners to define requirements, design and develop, and test from both a unit and functional aspect, software changes. The ideal candidate will have functional and technical implementation responsibilities primarily for Marketing systems. The primary applications supported include: Wunderman customer database, Workhorse, GlobalEdit, as well as Belk legacy Sharepoint marketing systems.
Responsibilities of the Systems Analyst include: small initiatives, reports development, data pulls, application support and review/testing of changes developed by teammates as well as third party vendors. The systems analyst will be part of a small team who will deliver both small projects and enhancements as well as large initiative and provide day to day functional application support.
3+ years experience with customer data analysis or master data analysis is required.
Systems Analysis and Design
· Complies with and demonstrate a sound knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology for assigned projects and tasks.
· Gathers business requirements, conducts solution design with technical teams, and writes business requirement and functional specification documents.
· Conducts testing (unit, system, and UAT) and reviews results with stakeholders
· Clarifies technical requirements and influences decisions that lead to the right solutions.
· Capable of completing technical and functional tasks (50% technical-50% functional.)
· Provides estimates for work effort required.
· Coordinates with Lead Systems Analyst and Architects to maintain all technical deliverables including technical design specifications, diagrams, flows, and documentation of all configuration changes.
· Manages the source control repository for assigned applications.
· Develops detailed system implementation plans.
Application Configuration & Support
· Develops new, and modifies existing, customizations, conversions and interfaces as necessary.
· Works with internal and external vendor teams on all support/enhancement/project related activities.
· Designs and develops some support fixes, small enhancements and coding for major projects.
· Develops components and creates packages to be promoted to production environment.
· Provides warranty period, and often post-warranty, production support for applications in area of responsibility. Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
· Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferred Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field strongly preferred.
· At least 3-5 years of either development or strong technical experience
· Proficiency in SQL
· Ability to write complex queries
· Experience analyzing complex system issues, contributing to estimates and making recommendations.
· Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Team player, with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
· Ability to adjust direction when necessary.
· Retail experience – particularly marketing and customer data
· Experience with 3rd party software implementations, consultants/contractors and working with off shore providers
· Distributed architecture
· Database Software – DB2, Oracle, Java
· Database tools like TOAD, SQLPlus, Oracle tools, Windows batch jobs
· Sharepoint a plus
Business Systems Analysis:
· Drive the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required.
· Obtains formal agreement from a large and diverse range of potentially senior stakeholders and recipients to the scope and requirements, plus the establishment of a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
· Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to program scope.
· Identifies the impact on business requirements of external impacts affecting a program or project.
· Specify user/system interfaces, and translate logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance security requirements, and existing systems.
· Produce detailed designs, and documents all work using required standards, methods, and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
· Configure applications and test platform-specific versions of one or more applications.
· Report the outcome of testing and identify potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs and standards.
Programming/ Software Development:
· Design, code, test, correct, and document complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
· Take part in reviews of own work and lead reviews of colleagues' work.