· Develops, documents, communicates, and enforces systems standards, policies, and procedures for standardizing systems assets.
· Influences large or complex system design
· Participates in infrastructure architecture reviews.
· Participates in infrastructure technology/service evaluations.
· Performs detailed designs of new or changing infrastructure environments.
· Installs, configures, maintains, and replaces new equipment (e.g. servers, storage, middleware, load balancing).
· Conducts multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgrades systems, products or services.
· Evaluates and designs new solutions utilizing existing standards and new technologies.
· Develops roadmaps to guide infrastructure strategy.
· Performs root cause analysis, resolves problems and recommends solutions.
· Establishes guidelines and standards for capacity management review and establishes standards for network and telecom systems operations.
· Monitors and plans capacity of all hosting environments to plan for future growth.
· Analyzes system performance and provides preventative maintenance while providing maximum availability of physical and virtual servers (e.g. new software releases, upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches).
· Works towards providing a fully redundant high availability infrastructure at all times.
· Develops best practices used to maintain and administer hosting environments.
· Performs warranty tracking and maintenance.
· Ensures that backup/recovery plans are tested regularly and backup/recovery procedures are implemented.
· Performs business continuity and disaster recovery testing.
· Develops automation scripts and programs to streamline manual operations and reduce manpower requirement in maintenance and monitoring activities.
· Performs troubleshooting/issue resolution, escalates issues to appropriate 3rd party vendor if needed.
· Provides technical support and consultation to colleagues and customers as needed.
Preferred Education & Experience:
· Working experience in advanced scripting languages
· Working experience in cloud computing concepts particularly related to IaaS and PaaS approaches