The Senior Database Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting and collaborating with the Unica campaign management team and external vendor partner(s) to support the campaign management customer selection process by creating strategic segment targeting templates for use across various marketing channels including direct mail, email, social, and store call lists. The Senior Database Marketing Specialist will be the primary resource for the internal campaign management team, supporting the IBM Campaign / Unica campaign selection tool across all direct to customer marketing touch-points, using leadership & strategic thinking skills to ensure optimal customer selection and enhance campaign effectiveness across marketing tactics by applying robust customer targeting strategies to maximize ROI. The Senior Database Marketing Specialist will be the on-site Unica campaign expert, the primary resource for customer campaign selections, and develop/support the current team as needed. Specifically:
· Be the subject matter expert for the customer marketing database. Understand industry best practices, support list pulls, & make recommendations to improve customer selection and support marketing initiatives. Support marketing and merchant partners as the customer data / list pull expert, and offer guidance to achieve marketing goals.
· Work closely with internal customer audience strategist to design, build, and execute campaign selection templates in Unica to enhance campaign targeting and assist with database design optimization to insure query performance speed and ease of use for the marketing team during the campaign selection process.
· Help maintain integrity of the database through reporting of issues to the marketing database vendor.
· Plan, build, test and execute Unica-driven marketing campaigns using product and activity based triggers, segment & personalization rules, and predictive modeling to support business goals. Engage with external vendor partners to ensure timely and accurate execution of campaigns. Support a test & learn environment.
Minimum Education & Experience:
· BA or BS College Degree.
· 1-3 years of marketing experience (retail experience preferred)
· Complete familiarity with marketing databases (specifically campaign management)
· Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent tasks and initiatives.
· Ability to lead projects, report status and manage/mitigate issues and risks.
· Any other job-related responsibilities as assigned by supervisor or management.
Preferred Education & Experience:
· MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
· Exceptional organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail.
· Knowledge of Retail Marketing preferred.