High Level Position Summary
The Merchandise Assistant is responsible for compiling, processing, disseminating and maintaining merchandise information, supporting activities which drive sales, and providing other clerical support to Buyers and Assistant Buyers within the Buying area.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
§ Pull business results of circulars, tests, and special events
§ Perform various Marketing Workflow activities: enter in copy information for ads, perform image requests, fill out styles for turn-in, provide artistic direction regarding product photos, enter sales projections; prepare advertising specification sheets, administer sample programs
Supports eComm teams as necessary which may include acquiring samples, developing item descriptions, and providing additional information
All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Education & Experience
· Four-year college degree preferred
· Familiar with standard PCs and business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Advanced computer navigational skills
· Proficient analytical skills
· Ability to perform light to medium lifting
· Ability to load/unload freight or samples
· Ability to operate computer & keyboard
· Ability to manipulate merchandise both hanging & folding
Demonstrated experience using Oracle systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.