As a participant in the Belk Internship Program, you will gain real world experience and exposure to various functional areas of Marketing. You will focus on creative trends within print and digital marketing, while assisting in our overall brand management. You will gain experience through structured shadowing assignments, classroom workshops, and formal mentorship during the 10-week program.
Our Copy Writing intern will be responsible for writing, proofing, and editing product copy on Belk.com to promote the sale of merchandise.
Our Sample Coordinating intern will be responsible for working closely with the Manager of Samples, advertising stylists, merchandise buying offices and sample coordinators to facilitate the activities around the merchandise samples used for advertising production.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (Copy Writing):
- Works on multiple projects that are ready to be written, ready to be proofread, or ready for edits, while adhering to all project deadlines
- Works with cross functional partners on the development of concepts, obtains information on products, then develops copy for projects
- Verifies accuracy of all ecommerce product content, ensuring 100% accuracy to include product information, grammar, spelling, and punctuation, while adhering to brand guidelines and legal requirements
- Assists with the creation of product and/or brand guidelines, while completing additional tasks as assigned
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (Sample Coordinating):
- Assists with entering in all samples and resources into the internal tracking system, while monitoring the sample locations for advertising production
- Manage the sample tracking system for all required samples for print advertising, and prep samples as needed for styling team
- Works to ensure that all needed assets and resources are identified to successfully meet the project schedule deadlines
- Assistance with ecommerce sample coordination as needed
- Rising college senior planning to graduate in Spring 2019
- sponsorship by Belk for this position now or in the future
- Proven strong academic performer (GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
- Leadership skills that include professional business ethics, good attention to detail, problem solving, and self-motivation
- English, Communications, or Journalism major preferred for Copy Writing internship
- Fashion Merchandising major preferred for Sample Coordinating internship
- Retail experience is preferred, but not required
Back to Job List