The role of the Visual Merchandising Campaign Design Manager is to:Design, develop, plan and coordinate creative visual merchandising strategies to support storewide seasonal holiday events, seasonal store sets, and corporate initiatives. Provide solid, timely communication to Visual Coordinators, Divisions and Merchants on a scheduled basis. Follow through and effectively communicate to all suppliers, manufacturers, design firms and agencies. Manage budget and communication projects through Visual workflow system. Manage and oversees overall collateral production.
· Design, produce and communicate corporate direction for instore campaign collateral to support seasonal store sets and seasonal holiday campaigns i.e. Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, BTS, and Holiday, Store Themes and Promotional events.
· Provide exciting and innovative visual solutions that set us apart from our competition.
· Coordinate with key Corporate Sales Promotion Managers to insure visual concepts relate to marketing efforts and support promotional sale events.
· Manage, monitor and direct the Senior Art Director, Junior Art Director and Promotional Signing Coordinator’s activities to insure collateral and sign designs are coordinated and reflect the Belk brand and production schedule is maintained and adhered to.
· Manage distribution and budgets for these campaigns within the workflow system.
· Create designs and direction for other VM statements & initiatives as assigned.
· Determine best visual resources through competitive and strategic sourcing, pricing and quality assurance for all campaign and signing projects.
· Manage, install & test prototypes of assigned projects.
· Coordinate time and action, shipping and delivery of seasonal projects.
· Follow-up with visual vendors on all existing and new visual purchases. Obtain proof of delivery information to ensure on time delivery and communicate this information to the divisions.
· Negotiate corporate pricing with vendors on all existing and new programs.
· Negotiate vendor co-op and develop vendor supported visual programs.
· Collaborate with Visual Coordinators on creative to support seasonal merchandise presentations requested by merchants. Coordinates collateral budget for these projects and assists Visual Coordinators in the communication of these projects to the stores through the Workbench.
· Create and maintain Purchase Orders per corporate guidelines.
· Attend and participate in all staff meetings and art production meetings.
· Create art production request forms and providing images as needed.
· Collaborate with Visual Design Manager and Shop & Environment Coordinator on corporate initiatives funded by Capex as assigned.
· Request renderings & set as required.
· Travel stores monthly to evaluate success and identify opportunities of seasonal projects. Follow-up, teach and train when necessary to ensure maximum results.
· Participate in prototype process as needed.
· Assist in setting up Senior Management Meetings, seasonal strategies, key initiatives and special projects as required.
· Special projects and others as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 of more years of industry experience in Visual Merchandising or design preferred.
Minimum of 3 years Regional Visual Manager experience or above.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years of experience of more years of industry experience in Corporate Visual Merchandising, or store design at management level preferred.
5 years Corporate Visual Merchandising design experience preferred.
Specific Degree: BS Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Architecture, Interior Design or Art Related Field preferred.
Reports Directly to:
Supervisor: Director of Design & Production
· Senior Graphic Artist
· Junior Graphic Artist
· Promotional Signing Coordinator