The Visual Merchandising CAD Technician will manage all technical design work for all vendor shop initiatives including Belk Private Brands. Responsible for creating all renderings, floorplans, & layouts for all shop concepts. Directly responsible for creating all shop, schematic and technical drawings for all fixtures & signing. Assists Visual Project Designer on shop concepts, layouts, design and budgeting and purchasing of visual equipment. Provide solid, timely communication internally with corporate visual shareholders.
· Concept Design
· Work with Director Shop & Environmental Design and Visual Project Designer on conceptualizing all projects.
· Create innovative and cost effect design concepts for all projects – shops, fixtures and other components as assigned.
· Selects color/finishes & materials.
· Create space plans, floorplans & layouts.
· Develop wall elevations as required.
· Ensure prototypes are developed in a timely manner allowing for feedback/approval and lead time to source, product and ship items roll outs cost effectively.
· Shop the competition and analyze visual and market opportunities
· Technical Design
· Produce & distribute AutoCAD shop schematics and fixture drawings and renderings.
· Autocad - Space relationships, space planning, density calculations, square foot calculations, fixture detailing, exploded view of floor plans, diagrams.
· Responsible for developing and improving presentation renderings for approval submission.
· Interface with external vendor designers.
· Assist in New Store / Remodel and Capital Expense projects
· Assist in planning, purchasing and maintaining budgets for new store and remodels.
· Assist in planning and purchasing of vendor shop installations. Work directly with external vendor partners to plan, develop and maintain budgets and communicate to Divisions and stores when needed for these projects.
· Assist in design and development of special fixture programs as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience:
2 year technical degree in specific CAD or similar background
2 years of retail background in the field of space planning / store design, environment or interior design.
Preferred Education & Experience:
4 year degree preferred in CAD or similar background
3 years of retail background in the field of space planning / store design, environment or interior design.