Position Summary:The Vice President, Talent Acquisition is responsible for the development and execution of proactive recruiting strategies to attract diverse talent to meet business needs, deliver the best customer experience and remain a leader in the retail industry. This role strategically sets the vision for the department and works with HR partners and leaders across lines of business to ensure world-class recruitment and hiring experiences are consistently delivered. This role will operate both as a strategic partner to HR and senior leaders, as well as an operational driver to elevate our current recruiting and sourcing approach. This role will build a recruiting center of expertise that provides both internal recruiting services and leverages external expertise in the sourcing of executive level positions.
- Lead and motivate the talent acquisition team by setting clear direction and full lifecycle recruiting strategy integrated with Belk’s diversity & inclusion initiatives.
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with business leaders along with HR leadership to stay current and anticipate hiring trends to implement talent acquisition strategies.
- Develop and implement a sourcing strategy using traditional and emerging tools to create a continuous pipeline of great talent.
- Develop a robust campus recruiting strategy to align with future business needs.
- Continuously assess programs and processes to strengthen Belk’s ability to attract talent with a focus on enhancing the Belk brand and candidate experience.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Strong executive presence with the ability to communicate, build relationships and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with driving measurable results and operational excellence.
- Strong consulting skills and ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ten years of broad recruitment experience
- Five years of responsibility leading others
- Knowledge of retail industry preferred
Back to Job List