The Studio Stylist is responsible for the styling of fashion and product for photography ensuring all merchandise is styled according to Belk brands’ guidelines.
· On-set styling of merchandise samples for on-figure and product photography following creative concepts and styling standards that promote merchandise objectives and brand strategies;
· Maintain set with photo production team to organize workload for the day, and meet daily expectations
· Coordinates merchandise flow as it travels through all phases of production as well as use of samples between projects and multiple teams;
· Maintains and organizes photo sample and prop storage areas
o Ensures prop rooms are organized, maintained and in efficient working order
o Organizes and categorize storage areas for ease of use
o Maintains current usability of props to include helping identify props in need of replacement and laundering items as needed
· Keeps up to date with trends in fashion, home and retail
· Develops and mentors assistant stylists / preppers
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum of 3+ years of styling or fashion experience within a corporate and field environment
· Degree in Fashion, Visual Merchandising or related field, or equivalent experience.
· In-depth knowledge of current fashion trends with strong sense of style
· Understanding of digital photography, production studio pace and efficiency
· Proficient with MAC systems and Adobe software
· Ability to work quickly and efficiently
· Team player with ability to work independently
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
· Must be able to work in a production environment
· Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited direction or standardization exists.
· Strong communication skills and excellent ability to work with a wide variety of people
· Flexibility and patience with the ability to accommodate last minute additions to schedules and change in direction
Reports Directly to: Marketing Manager or Lead Stylist
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.