The Store Technology Program Manager, is a servant leader to Stores, Field Leadership, Store Operations and cross functional business partners, and is resilient working in a fast-pacing environment while having fun. This includes understanding vision and business direction, driving key technology solutions and needed capabilities, shepherds’ operational initiatives with thorough planning/execution, development of lasting relationships.
As a liaison between Stores and Belk Store Services (BSS) Corporate Office, the Manager provides strategic thought leadership around emerging trends and competitive landscape; assesses opportunities and risks; project planning and implementation, validates direction using quantitative/qualitative analysis; and frames key decisions. Participates in overall business initiative planning and brings a current knowledge and future vision of store enabling technology to enhance the company’s competitive position.
- This individual manages key projects for store enabling technology and solutions (e.g. POS, mobile, traffic counters, Workforce Management, Time & Attendance, etc…). In addition, engages and supports Belk’s Omni Channel programs and strategies (e.g. online ordering from store, Ship from Store, BOPIS, Digital, etc…).
- Responsible for identifying, documenting, and providing business requirements, use cases, training, communications, SOP’s for all store enabling technology and strategic programs/projects
- Builds partnerships with stores, store leadership, other business partners, and IT organization. Uses relationships as the primary source of business initiative planning and requirements definition. Ensure effective use of store enabling technology and sales objectives are met within programs/projects.
- Define and prioritize store technology enhancements, issue logs, and identify process improvements
- Have passion for learning, intellectual curiosity, ability to understand concepts quickly and poses a positive attitude to “win”
- Goal oriented, operationally disciplined and initiative driven focused on continuous improvement
- Demonstrated skill in influence, conflict resolution, and negotiation for mutual success
- Advanced critical thinking that blends observation, data, and fact-based insight with intuition and foresight
- Highly credible leadership presence with high standard of integrity, cultivates trust and demonstrates professional conduct
- Highly organized individual with effective multi-tasking ability in order to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently at times and collaborates well with cross functional
- business partners while consistently meets commitment.
- Requires understanding of project management methodologies and tools with prior exposure to a formal project delivery environment; proved ability to break-down complex problems into manageable goals is required
- Solid understanding or willingness to learn store operations with a core focus on optimizing customer/associate experiences and efficiencies
- Experience leader driving industry leading retail technology solutions and digital experience in support of digital vision and strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Produces high-quality deliverables with minimal preparation time or secondary review
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline preferred and/or store experience
- 3-7 years of professional experience in relevant business operations with increasing responsibility and visibility
- Experience in retail, operations, industrial engineering, technology sectors preferred
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Office Project Timeline)
- Basic knowledge of Project Management tools: MS Project, JIRA
- May require working at computer for long periods of work day
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- May require regional travel based on project and store visit needs (approx. 20-30%)
Reports Directly to:
Supervisor: Director, Store Technology
· None; however, project leadership responsibilities may involve matrix reporting relationships or management of consulting resources
or reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List