The Compensation Manager for Stores serves as the key point of contact for corporate and division partners on all compensation planning and performance management process needs within Belk’s 300+ stores. The incumbent will make recommendations regarding salary grades or market rates for specific jobs as well as participate in and/or conduct wage surveys. This role will also support the midyear and year-end Performance Management process for the stores, including goal-setting, monthly status checks, midyear appraisals and year-end appraisal processes.
As the advisor on compensation needs, the incumbent will be responsible for regular reporting and analysis of associate performance against key business initiatives within the stores, which includes designing and maintaining commission programs and analyzing hourly wages, salaries, and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the company's pay practices.
· Lead midyear and year-end merit review process in partnership with Corporate Total Rewards team for 15,000+ store associates with responsibility for communications, data input into compensation tool (SuccessFactors), and compiling and uploading associate pay changes.
Education, Training, and/or Certifications:
Minimum Required:Bachelors degree and/or equivalent years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong technical skills (PeopleSoft and SuccessFactors experience preferred)
· Must have advanced skills in Excel and Access
· Market Pay tool preferred
· Strong understanding of store roles and functions, pay plans, and general store operations
· Good planning, time management, communication, decision making, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage expectations, processes and multiple projects
· Must be able to handle confidential information
· Must be able to work independently as needed
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.