The Sr Software Engineer architects and designs solutions, writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. Plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
- Works with Delivery Manager/Business Partners to understand the business requirements, challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work, to design viable solutions.
- Advises viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Provides input into development, testing, and release planning.
- Contributes to solution architecture and design to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Understands technical architecture and develops software solutions that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Contributes to building development standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- At least 10 years of software development experience
- 8-10 years of retail industry experience
- Hands-on experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, and major POS applications and systems
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with Xstore POS application required
- Experience on developing mobile applications is must
- Working experience realizing solutions, in retail domain, from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks (e.g. Front-end: browser and device typically using common client-side technologies – Java, Swing, XML, HTML, Back-end: server, application, relational databases using SQL, JDBC)
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience in analysis, design and programming
- Working experience in setting up development, build and delivery environments
- Working experience on POS payments, EMV solutions, certifications is required
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
Back to Job List