· Works with Product Management / Business Partners to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
· Advises viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
· Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
· Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
· Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
· Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
Application SupportProvides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Advice and GuidanceActively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
Emerging Technology MonitoringActively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
· Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems on the Demandware platform
· Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support on Demandware platform
· Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks and experience on Demandware platform
· Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
· Working experience in analysis, design and programming
Working experience with appropriate database technology
6+ years of experience in developing E-commerce systems and applications
Experience designing, developing, and delivering solutions in below technology areas
E-commerce applications using Demandware platform. Design and development of Demandware cartridges using pipelines, controllers, ISMLs and scripts.
Application development in Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
Search tools like Endeca/Solr
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Content management and portals
Agile methodology experience
DevOps practices and tools