This position will support all aspects of retail inventory and accounting processes. Tasks will include, but not limited to: reviewing and maintenance of general ledger accounts, review and maintenance of the RMS Sock ledger, reconciliation in the physical inventory process, preparing gross margin reporting, working with the merchant organization on gross margin and reporting issues, working with IT, stores and distribution centers on system issues, and completing analysis requests for senior management.
1. Validate and maintain the accuracy of the Belk merchandise systems and all related general ledger accounts.
2. Support Purchase Order, RTV and transfer activities for the stores/buyers/DC’s/IT.
3. Review journal entries/uploads for inventory and cost of goods sold adjustments.
4. Prepare balancing reporting of system feeds to ensure the integrity of financial data from source systems.
5. Develop reporting and analysis to identify issues and opportunities impacting gross margin.
6. Work closely with merchant organization on issues including VMA’s and shortage.
7. Participate in the testing, training and implementation for Merchandise related projects and system upgrades.
8. Prepare ad hoc management reports, financial analyses and presentations upon request.
9. Review gross margin reporting issues and process corrections if necessary.
10. Partner with the MIS organization to review systems for process improvements.
11. Participate in the preparation and review of SOX controls and documentation.
12. Assist in any projects and analysis requests made by senior management.
Four year degree – Accounting/Business (preferred)
Two years of Retail Business Experience
Oracle RMS experience(preferred)
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word
Strong PC and Analytical skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Proficiency in Hyperion Software & Essbase (preferred)
Ability to think critically and make recommendations
Willingness to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Ability to operate PC
Ability to manipulate various keyboards
Ability to operate and communicate using telephone
Ability to maintain files
Ability to open/manipulate/distribute mail and paperwork
Ability to perform mathematical calculations and/or balance computations
Ability to analyze/evaluate invoice, statistical or accounting data
Ability to observe employee performance and communicate directions to them
Ability to understand policies/procedures and communicate them
Ability to formulate/administer budgets and analyze related reports
Ability to effectively communicate
Manager of Retail Accounting