Position Summary:The Digital Planners are responsible for the overall financial direction of eCommerce & Omni-Channel with the goal of meeting / exceeding sales, margin and EBITDA targets. Additionally, Digital Planners are responsible for developing seasonal merchandise financial plans for eCommerce & Omni-Channel and managing the eCommerce operational forecasts with the planning and allocation teams. Digital Planners work with the buying / planning teams and digital merchandiser team in assortment planning by facilitating the line architecture for Belk.com, assortment analysis, guardrails and receipt plans. In-season, Digital Planners provides in-depth analysis of product performance, fulfillment type and sales by channel, making recommendations to maximize sales and profitability. Digital Planners provide cross functional support to Omni-channel, Supply Chain, Digital Operations, Marketing and Merchant teams.
- Lead, Train and Develop Digital Planners
- Provide global leadership for the Family of Business tying together each planner area into a larger strategy for the area
- Share learnings across areas to maximize sales and EBITDA across all areas
- Align with GVPs and VPs Planning on strategic priorities
- Create and manage the digital merchandise financial plans with The Merchant Planning Team by FOB, DC, Department, Vendor, or Class as appropriate
- Develop fulfillment plans for area of responsibility, aligning to Omni-channel targets and fulfillment capabilities
- Provide VP’s of Planning and Planning teams with sales and inventory targets and flows to support eCommerce sales initiatives and key time frames
- Provide assortment recommendations, line architecture for buys, and guardrails to support the Buyer and Planner in strategic and assortment planning.
- Provide buy recommendations for key items on major events like Belk Days and Black Friday as well as key promotions like Beauty GWPs
- Analyze sales, margin, turn, as part of the monthly operational forecast and makes recommendations for actions needed to maximize sales and margin
- Analyze product performance by channel of sale and fulfillment type to ensure maximum sales and profitability
- Oversee style and SKU count analysis to maximize sales, turn, and margin goals
- Identify strategies to minimize the aging of inventory and proposals to the planning teams on strategies and pricing recommendations to address the aging inventory.
- Study promotions and profitability of LTO events, sales and coupons and provides recommendations on how to improve future events that will maximize gross profit and EBITDA
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly forecasts taking into account the impact of various marketing efforts, including sales promotion, e-mail, social, and online interactive marketing.
- Utilize the forecast data to accurately project Fulfillment Center operations and ensure that the forecast meets acceptable variance targets
- Track Fulfillment Center capacity and partner with Supply Chain on fulfillment strategies
- Prepare ad hoc reporting in addition to base forecasting
- Bachelors degree required
- 4-7 years of retail experience; 3-4 years in merchandising or financial planning or forecasting in a multi-channel retail environment
- eCommerce experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience with eCommerce analytic packages such as CoreMetrics or Omniture desired
- Previous experience in Fulfillment Center forecasting preferred
- Previous experience in Omni-Channel preferred
- Proficient in business-related computer software (Microsoft Windows, Word, PowerPoint, etc). Advanced Excel and Access experience required.
- Experience with SAS, 7th online, Retek or similar planning system.
Back to Job List