Position Summary:The Strategic Sourcing Manager leads cross functional teams in the development of category strategies, execution of enterprise-wide strategic sourcing initiatives and is responsible for managing RFPs, RFQs and RFIs, including gathering internal business requirements; market analysis and best practices data collection, negotiating contract terms and conditions, and supporting the business in the onboarding and management of supplier relationships. Must have demonstrated capabilities in project management, team leadership, contract negotiation and skill development. Possesses strong leadership skills, interacts with all levels of management, and works independently taking a proactive approach in assigned categories ensuring Strategic Sourcing’s value commitment to internal business partners is met.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will support not-for-resale sourcing, working in cooperation with other Belk Departments to coordinate the process and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Define category strategy in conjunction with business partners, including conducting spend analysis and defining service level expectations
- Manage the pipeline of work for direct reports within categories of responsibility
- Develop RFP, RFQ, and RFI business opportunities from vendor selection to final contract.
- Conduct an accurate financial analysis of comparative bids
- Prepare negotiation strategy recommendations for team based on financial analysis, industry knowledge, and vendor capability findings resulting from RFP, RFQ and RFI activities as they compare to current situation
- Negotiate business terms and conditions and be an effective liaison between the team and the supplier
- Revise and compose contract language in conjunction with Belk’s internal support partners (Legal, Risk, Finance, Audit, etc.) team to create a best-fit document for the business awarded
- Schedule and coordinate supplier presentations
- Supervise, train and develop one or more sourcing analysts
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- 5-7 or more years of applicable experience
- Specific work or project experience: Strategic Sourcing
- Industry experience: Sourcing and contract negotiations
Back to Job List