· Works with Delivery Manager and Tech Lead to understand the business requirements and related specifications, to design and implement viable related solutions.
· Provides task level input into development, testing, and release planning.
· Contributes to solution design to address critical issues and complex problems.
· Implements software tasks as per the technical and functional requirements specifications.
· Understands technical architecture and develops details technical specifications around implementation of solution.
· Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
· At least 7 years of software development experience
· Retail industry experience preferred
· Hands-on experience in implementation of Point-of-Sale or Inventory related applications is a huge plus
· Hands-on experience in implementation of Payment applications is a huge plus
· Hands-on experience in development, with desktop applications and mobile applications is required
· Working experience realizing solutions, from conception and design, to implementation and support
· Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks (e.g. Front-end: browser and device typically using common client-side technologies – Java, Swing, XML, HTML, Back-end: server, application, relational databases using SQL, JDBC)
· Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
· Working experience in design and programming
· Working experience with appropriate database technology
· Working experience in setting up development, build and delivery