This position will support all aspects of retail inventory accounting. Tasks will include, but not limited to: assisting in the review and maintenance of general ledger accounts, review and maintenance of the RMS Stock ledger, reconciliation in the physical inventory process, preparing gross margin reporting, working with the merchant organization on gross margin and reporting issues, working with IT, stores, and distribution centers on system issues, and completing analysis requests for senior management.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reporting and forecasts: including gross margin, inventory aging, physical inventory results, and damage allowance collection.
- Prepare journal entries/uploads for inventory and cost of goods sold adjustments.
- Assist in the development of monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare balancing reporting of system feeds to ensure the integrity of financial data from source systems.
- Develop reporting and analysis to identify issues and opportunities impacting gross margin.
- Review current processes to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Support RTV and transfer activities for the stores/buyers/DC’s/IT.
- Prepare ad hoc management reports, financial analyses and presentations upon request.
- Review gross margin reporting issues and process corrections if necessary.
- Participate in the preparation and review of SOX controls and documentation.
- Assist in any projects and analysis requests made by senior management.
- Four-year degree – Accounting/Finance/Business
- One - Two years of related work experience
- Oracle RMS experience (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong PC and Analytical skills
- Proficiency in Hyperion Software & Essbase (preferred)
- Ability to think critically and make recommendations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Back to Job List