The Product Manager manages and develops private brand labels manufactured exclusively for Belk. Takes the lead in the working relationship in development and production of private brand merchandise between merchant, planning, agent, and cross-functional development team; inclusive of design, textile design, technical design, and color. Responsible for all planned development metrics, sales, turn, margin and inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 yrs experience in product development or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of the product manufacturing techniques, fabrication, and costing components that impact product line development.
- Line building, merchandising, and buying experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to be detail oriented, flexible, self motivated, and be able to lead others.
- Available and able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Able to see and distinguish colors.
Back to Job List