The Private Brands Systems and Operations Manager oversees and supports all systems and tools used in the development of Private Brands product, internally and externally, with cross functional partners and vendors/suppliers. This position leads process mapping efforts along with documentation of Private Brands business processes including, but not limited to, PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Colorwrite/Xrite, Kaledo, Optitex, Belk International System (BIS) and all systems that integrate and support Private Brands. This position will lead and develop team members who will oversee the applications that support the Private Brands processes and manage the compliance of associates to the approved business processes. This individual must maintain a familiarity with current issues, objectives, and strategies of Private Brands and recognize issues and opportunities to optimally apply technology as well as process improvements to enhance existing or build new business capabilities.
· Builds, demonstrates and maintains a detailed knowledge of all PB functions and processes and drives process improvements across all PB teams to align with strategic goals of the department and the company
· Leads the team that will identify, design and plan all Private Brands system project improvements, implementation, and upgrades. The work of the team includes identifying business needs, gathering business requirements, design approval, testing, and post install validation. Projects will stay within scope and on budget.
· Leads the team that will design and implement all Private Brands system training programs for Belk Private Brands users and all trading partners. Collaborate with HR Corporate Learning & Development on new hire training.
· Trains and provides development opportunities for team members
· Contributes to team effort, as needed, to accomplish goals of the department
· Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand business divers, goals, and actionable outcomes using analytics.
· 7-10 years of experience with systems development methodologies, definition, and systems testing, preferably with import/product development projects
· 5+ years’ experience with development of process improvements and execution of change
· Demonstrated experience with IT projects serving as a business process lead or related role
· Experience with cross-functional partnerships, and overseas business partners
· Previous work experience in the importing/product development field preferred
· Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite, PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Kaledo and system documentation tools required
· Strong communication and problem-solving skills; ability to work with all levels of management and across multiple and varied functional teams
· Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
· Self-motivated and driven to learn
· Highly entrepreneurial with a strong sense of accountability
· Detail-oriented personality with strong time management and organizational skills
· Analytical reasoning, and ability to interpret and evaluate complex information, while identifying patterns and essential issues required
· Ability to lead through change.
· Highly entrepreneurial with a strong sense of accountability.
· Accountable for supporting a learning culture that will empower and leverage a collaborative team environment.
· Celebrates workplace success, achievement and failure where innovation is valued.
Reports Directly to: SVP, Global Sourcing and Technical Design
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.