The role of the Planner is to maximize gross margin dollars & inventory productivity by providing the overall financial direction of a category or department(s). Planners are primarily responsible for developing seasonal merchandise financial plans and by-door plans, pricing and assortment optimization. Planners also work with Buyers in assortment and buy planning by facilitating layering of assortments and validating the profitability of purchases. In-season, Planners provide in-depth analysis of product performance and make recommendations to maximize business opportunities.
• Develop merchandise financial plans, vendor or class as appropriate, that support the merchandise strategies while achieving corporate financial goals both for the short term (seasonal) and long term (multi-year).
• Develop the assortment plan and the initial buy plan through use of hindsighting and profitability tools
• Develop replenishment budgets and providing analytics required for planning and managing replenishment items. Reforecasting replenishment budget to inform Monthly Forecast
• Complete forecasts and recommendations for Monthly Forecast process to manage business in season and maximize opportunities through product lifecycle management
• Partner with allocation team to Reconcile merchandise and by-door plans with store level opportunities