Architecture Vision and DirectionDevelops, documents, communicates, and enforces network standards, policies and procedures for standardizing network assets.
Infrastructure Design & Builds
· Participates in network architecture reviews.
· Participates in network technology evaluations.
· Performs detailed designs of new or changing network infrastructure.
· Installs, configures, maintains, and replaces network hardware and software.
· Conducts multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded network systems, products or services.
Availability Management & Operating Level Management
· Performs root cause analysis, resolves problems and recommends solutions.
· Establishes guidelines and standards for capacity management review and establishes standards for network operations.
· Monitors and plans capacity of all network infrastructures, devices and data circuits to plan for future growth.
· Analyzes system performance and performs preventative networks maintenance to provide availability according to operating level agreements.
· Works towards providing a fully redundant high availability infrastructure at all times.
· Performs monitoring, alerting, reporting, and trending of network and telecom systems.
· Performs business continuity and disaster recovery testing.
· Develops automation scripts and programs to streamline manual operations and reduce manpower requirement in maintenance and monitoring activities.
· Performs troubleshooting and issue resolution and escalate issues to appropriate 3rd party vendor if needed.
· Provides technical support and consultation to colleagues and customers as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
· Current CCNA network certification or greater
· Working experience with network equipment
· Working experience with firewalls, access control lists, and load balancers
· Working experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols
· Working experience in network device monitoring and capacity planning
· Working experience in security strategies and practices
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Working knowledge/experience with Cisco Nexus (N7K or newer)
- Wireless networking
- VOIP (working knowledge/experience with Cisco CUCM)
Additional Nice to Haves
- F5/BigIP load balancer experience (implementation/management/troubleshooting)
- SIP migration/implementation experience
- Palo Alto firewall experience
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.