The role of the Merchandise Creative Director is to:
Direct, develop, plan and coordinate corporate visual merchandising strategies to support Seasonal Store Sets and other merchandising initiatives. Is responsible for coordination of all visual merchandise presentations to promote strong sales results. Provide solid, timely communication to Divisions and Merchants on a scheduled planned basis.
· Organizes & coordinates seasonal visual program. Manages seasonal merchant requests and turn-in process and develops all seasonal visual merchandise seasonal strategies and projects.
· Sets merchandising direction and manages planogram process.
· Manages seasonal neighborhoods/flow & adjacencies process
· Manages big day / event strategies & merchandising – aisle and LTOs
· Manages clearance strategies
· Direct, determine and approve vendor collateral for use in stores insuring timely delivery and execution to stores
· Directs all merchandise standards & best practices and works with Director of Training and Communication to ensure proper execution.
· Oversees all merchandise communication directives
· Partners with Director of Design and Production to create/develop all art, graphic needs & storewide campaigns designs
· Work with BSS Merchant Executives and Division Executives to develop, plan, communicate and execute superior level of Visual Merchandise Presentation that supports key and strategic direction of the Company and promotes excellence in execution within our stores
· Responsible for exceptional design and supportive collateral to support in store merchandise presentation efforts
· Direct, develop, plan and coordinate programs for all visual & merchandising strategies as requested by BSS Merchants and Divisions to drive sales at store level.
· Direct, develop and determine vendor, signing, and visual collateral for maximum visual support by store size
· Work with VM Shop & Environment Director to determine items and quantities to support new stores and remodels
· Provide new, exciting and innovative visual solutions that sets us apart from our competition
· Direct the coordination (gather information, prioritize and write up) of merchandise and presentation information to the Divisions and BSS merchants
· Shop the competition, develop competitive analysis and communicate viable opportunities.
· Plan and execute management meetings and Special Projects as required.
· Assist in the execution and set up of new and remodeled stores.
· Direct, plan and coordinate timely communication of Seasonal Store Sets, Visual Merchandise Calendar, Monthly Visual Updates, and Visual Workflow System.
· Negotiate best corporate pricing with vendors on all existing and new programs
· Negotiate vendor co-op and develop vendor supported visual programs
· Plan Seasonal Sets. Assist in the Capital budget process
· Assist in long range Annual Visual Budget process
Minimum Education & Experience:
· Preferred 4 year degree in design, architecture or related field or minimum 8 years experience in corporate visual merchandising, store planning, store design, environment design or space planning at management level.
· Visual experience at Store Level
· Must have budget experience
· Proven track record with Vendors
· Knowledge of Fixturing, Printing, Production and Mac Systems
· Computer skills – MAC Base, PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Corporate Financial systems
· Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Knowledge of CAD, Photoshop, InDesign, 3-d rendering, Revit, Sketchup
· Ability to work in multiple file formats, PC & MAC
· Excellent taste level and art direction
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to understand Floor Plans and Scaled Drawings
· Ability to perform under pressure
Reports Directly to:
· Supervisor: Vice President - Merchandise Presentation
· Manages team of 6 Merchandising Managers/Coordinators