The role of the Marketing Operations Specialist is to partner with Marketing Operations, Planning, Analysis and cross-functional teams to develop marketing plans and direct content to strategically align with corporate and marketing goals. Assist in the development and execution of multi-channel marketing initiatives, marketing calendars, and marketing database. Analyze, monitor, and report on marketing event results and competition, communicating findings to Marketing teams and utilize learning to inform decisions. Apply and improve processes for the planning and execution of marketing.
· Develop and own strategic marketing calendars and communicate changes and updates as they occur.
· Maintain Marketing database
· Data entry and analysis of retail business to provide insight into Marketing tactics and inform Marketing forecasting
· Compile and communicate pre-sell event calendars and national sales event calendars.
· Maintain responsive working relationship with merchant teams, digital and promotional marketing teams as well as other internal partners and vendors to plan and execute campaigns.
· Assist with communication of campaign authorizations and execution.
· Supply meeting summaries to marketing, planning and merchandising teams to ensure communication.
· Identify opportunities and implement strategic plans to drive customer centric marketing.
· Assist with execution of tactical marketing directives, changes and other operations/planning functions as needed and deemed appropriate by management.
· 2-3 years’ experience in Marketing and/or analytical role preferred.
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects. Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes
· Strong time-management and organizational skills
· Dedicated and detail-oriented
· Advanced Excel Skills
· Retail experience preferred
· Ability to maintain files and take effective meeting notes
· Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external contacts
· Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Reports Directly to: Director of Marketing Operations and Planning
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.