High Level Position Summary
Provide oversight and management of all store facility related support services, for 28 million square feet, in a manner which provides an effective, efficient and safe environment for all associates and customers. This includes but is not limited to repair and maintenance on: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Roofing, Exterior Services, Vertical Transportation and Housekeeping.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
1. Works directly with in-house teams and Facility Partner to ensure the delivery and completion of requested/scheduled services, in a timely and cost effective manner.
2. Monitors, tracks, & reports on expense and usage trends for all areas managed by the Operations Facilities Department and assists the Director of Facilities in budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis.
3. Ensures that expenses for areas of responsibility are recorded accurately and on time according to financial deadlines.
4. Assists directly in maintaining and improving the internal and external databases utilized to manage the related aspects of facilities management.
5. Assists in the selection, oversight, approval of purchase/work orders and removal of vendors utilized to maintain and repair the company’s facilities.
6. Conducts periodic site visits required to validate performance standards are being met and to facilitate review of additional cost savings or performance enhancing opportunities.
7. Works with other areas of the business such as Finance, Store Planning, Divisions, Stores and related Facility vendors to ensure & maintain the ongoing operational efficiencies of the company’s locations.
8. Develop and review savings opportunities; perform statistical and ROI analyses for new intelligent investments and identify/implement savings through process improvement strategies.
9. Analyze and improve vendor performance; negotiate contracts and administrate billing automation protocol.
10. Interface with various Facility related service companies and energy management contractors to ensure programs are functioning to capacity.
11. Work with store construction and design teams to identify facility related equipment needs, along with the related budgets to improve efficiencies for related equipment/systems at new/remodeling locations.
12. Work with Facility Partners to further develop the Facilities Asset and Maintenance Management Database(s); ensure proper operation and accuracy of facility related data.
13. Assists in developing and publishing various monthly &/or quarterly (company-wide) utility awareness newsletters, alerts, etc.
14. Assists in the management of company’s recycling efforts and related regulatory compliance, including increasing the level of recycling, and providing the necessary reporting & monitoring information.
15. Develop and publish various monthly budget variance reports and assists in providing communications to various stakeholders (i.e., Finance, Divisions, etc.).
16. Set-up and close all utility and maintenance contracts for new and closing locations.
17. Work with utility reps to be sure Belk is receiving the lowest possible service rate.
18. Develop and maintain working relationship with division representatives to insure support services are being provided in a manner which meets or exceeds required support levels.
19. Work with Facility Partner to ensure submitted invoices are complete, accurate and timely.
20. Work with Facility Partner to ensure specific strategic programs, associated directly with agreed KPI measurements, are successfully implemented and managed.
21. Evening and weekend (on call) responsibilities for issues after hours.
Education, Training, and/or Certifications:
Years of experience, specific work or project experience, and industry experience (industry examples: Retail, Financial Services, Consulting, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
High level examples include: Communication, Interpersonal, Conflict Resolution, Negotiation, Analytical, Problem Solving, Innovation, Performance Management, Customer Service, Time Management, Computer, and/or Time Management. Please provide more specific requirements based on the needs in your area.