The Logistics (Supply Chain) Planning
Manager will play an integral role in Belk’s success by leading our cross-functional
operational planning activities. He/She
will focus on improving both short-term tactical and long-term strategic
initiatives related to merchandise flow and inventory placement. To accomplish
this, the SC Planning Manager must demonstrate strong leadership skills, be
comfortable driving cross-functional change initiatives, and create and
execute to a strategic roadmap related to supply chain initiatives. This
individual will act as the key liaison between Supply Chain, Buyers, Planning
and IT teams regarding merchandise flow and supply chain capacity planning
Responsibilities & Essential
- Lead, support, and improve operations planning
processes to better optimize merchandise flow and inventory placement across
the supply chain, balancing sales requirements with operational capacities.
- Collaborate with buying and planning teams on
sales and inventory goals, issues and strategies. Includes holding status
meetings with cross functional teams to ensure key milestones are reached on
time to support sales and inventory goals.
- Establish and actively monitor tools and reports
to analyze key performance indicators related to supply chain planning
processes. Proactively communicating and advising stakeholders and leadership
of business trends and potential issues.
- Conduct analysis on key performance indicators,
identifying opportunities for improvement, determining root cause and
developing plan to resolve; leading execution of resolution. Develop and
implement corrective measures in order to update best practices.
- Monitor plan vs. actual supply chain capacities
related to business and operating plans. Provide updated forecasts on an
ongoing basis, thereby providing all teams with better information to manage
- Create and maintain in depth analytical tools
that support issue identification, decision making and executive oversight
- Champion ideas and opportunities for cost
reduction, review and action by a cross-functional group of stakeholders.
- Present, communicate, and manage expectations
regarding supply chain planning and optimization with both tactical and
- Regularly development presentations and project status
materials for executive updates.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- All employees are expected to be in compliance
with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and
- 6 or more years of applicable experience
- 2-3 years of experience in supply chain
operations or planning role.
- Experience leading new process development,
leading large projects with cross-functional teams, familiarity with continuous
improvement methodologies, leading merchandise or supply chain planning
experience, and/or capacity planning.
- Industry experience: Retail
- 8 or more years of applicable experience
- Specific work or project experience: 3-5 years
of experience in supply chain operations or planning role.
- Industry experience: Retail and Omni-Channel
Back to Job List