The Sr. Analyst, Supply Chain Analytics reports to the Director of Supply Chain Analytics and is responsible for analyzing, enhancing, and optimizing the Belk Supply Chain network. This person will take a results oriented approach and be accountable for creating Supply Chain analytical solutions that include all modes of transportation, carrier management and process improvement to maximize the Belk customer experience.
The Sr. Analyst, Supply Chain Analytics will perform the following duties both individually and collaboratively:
Ability to perform ad-hoc requests as needed
- Develop and analyze reporting & KPIs for additional visibility into transport spend, make recommendations for process improvement and cost savings initiatives.
- Provide analytical support for transport analysis, RFQs and Forecasts
- Communicate effectively with carrier partners to ensure efficient flow of operations
- Support projects and initiatives to develop and expand carrier network to improve speed to customer while controlling expense.
- Support Fulfillment center/store operations in an Omni-Channel environment. Includes direct to consumer from fulfillment nodes (fulfillment centers, stores, and supplier direct), intra-company, and retail inbound / outbound.
- Support all aspects of the company’s transport programs:
- Develop and manage sufficient relationships, programs and processes to support the execution of the organization’s rapidly evolving parcel operations and transport strategy
- Provide and maintain broad, deep understanding of current market / industry trends regarding rates and new carrier products / initiatives
- Develop a comprehensive set of analytics required to support a rapidly growing category.
- Provide support during peak holiday shipping seasons.
- Collaborate with and support Customer Care initiatives.
- Perform regular reviews of transport KPIs to optimize service and cost
- Perform and maintain regular audits of carriers, services and vendor performance.
- Promote a desire and commitment for continuous improvement:
- Ensure standardization and sharing of best-demonstrated practices among the operation.
- Understand and execute the Belk strategic vision and company goals.
- Review and analyze activities, costs, operations & forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals & objectives.
- Actively seeking / promoting ways to improve the customer experience.
- Ensure effective and timely communication between stakeholders to support coordination of efforts.
- Actively supports Director of Analytics with detailed analytics, regular updates on assigned projects, and recommendations for the program.
Required Experience and Skills
- 3 to 5 or more years of supply chain or analytical discipline experience with a career path showing increasing responsibility
- Demonstrate willingness and desire to learn about all modes of transportation
- ; ability to create strong, trust-based relationships with peers.
- Experience in parcel / transportation management systems / supply chain technology.
- Ability to successfully work across different groups and organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Emphasis on ability to multi-task and prioritize work load.
- Fact-based, objective approach
- Supports a learning culture
- Willing to embrace leadership role amongst peers
- Focuses on customers and results
- Embrace Belk brand, company vision & culture
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Personable, motivated, entrepreneurial, outgoing
- Excellent relationship building skills
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Logistics / Supply Chain Management, Finance or equivalent.
- MBA preferred
Back to Job List