The Lead SEO Analyst works closely with the 3rd party support partner and manages the SEO Coordinator in the planning, testing, and executing of SEO initiatives, developing process, and ensuring adherence to best practices. The Lead SEO Analyst excels at coordination with the digital cross functional teams as well as the digital marketing group to advocate for SEO considerations and ensure consistency in SEO strategy and implementation across multiple properties. The Lead SEO Analyst engages regularly in analysis, reporting, training and implementing SEO best practices for ongoing optimization, troubleshooting complex issues and having both a direct and indirect impact on profitability achieved via organic search.
· Define requirements, tasks, and resources associated to SEO strategy
· Manage and execute implementation of SEO strategy
· Communication to cross functional teams, and management on strategy/project development, timelines, and results
· Providing frequent progress reports regarding online SEO efforts and related performance metrics to leadership
· Review and drive strategy behind keyword research in coordination with business objectives to optimize existing content, products and uncover new opportunities
· Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
· Develop and execute SEO strategies for Belk digital channels, including optimizing current web pages and working with cross functional teams on new projects that are being developed or planned.
· Analyze performance reports using Google Analytics or other similar tools.
· Manage execution of SEO functions, including keyword research, site audits, information architecture planning, domain valuation.
· Identify keyword targeting opportunities; manage projects and campaigns to improve website search result listings.
· Provide training, development and strategic oversight of SEO Coordinator
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Computer Science, Library Science or related field strongly preferred
· 5-7 years of applicable experience
· Experience in digital product management, retail management, marketing, digital merchandising and/or internet marketing
· Thorough understanding of structured and unstructured data, and ability to make connections between data and business goals
· Solid understanding of Online user behaviors, Web Analytics, and Internet technology