The lead imaging specialist is responsible for overseeing post-production image work to achieve creative direction and manage the image file process. This position acts as the technical expert for post-production capabilities and serves as troubleshooting and training lead for Photo Studio/Digital Team.The Photography Scheduler is responsible for managing the scheduling, planning and budgeting of photography projects for fashion or product and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner while maintaining within budgetary constraints.
· Image Processing and Retouching
o Process RAW digital files according to studio technical standards and creative direction.
o Evaluates processed images for color balance, skin tone, and merchandise color match.
o Analyzes images for exposure, focus and capture integrity; Retouches images by request and ensures images meet Belk standards.
o Directs the actions of Imaging Specialists, as needed, to complete imaging objectives.
· Image File Management:
o Verifies file names and transfers processed images to designation media.
o Manages FPO and RAW file backup and archiving procedures.
o Communicates with appropriate teams to resolve missing image inquiries.
o Responds to new pick requests; processes and transfers requested images.
· Collaborates with Photographers and Art Directors to achieve creative goals.
o Provides technical feedback and insight on post-production capabilities to aid in planning and executing creative direction.
o Outputs calibrated proofs to verify creative direction is achievable in media destination.
o Troubleshoots, maintains and calibrates proof printers.
· Researches and tests current technology options as it relates to photography and post-production functions.
o Evaluates impact on efficiencies and makes recommendations related to necessary upgrades to hardware/software or process improvements.
o Provides cost estimates and ROI information for investment recommendations.
o Develops implementation and training plans to keep staff proficient and up-to-date on technical skills.
· Completes additional tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
· Technical or Trade School/Associate Degree or Certification; 6 to 10 years’ experience needed.
· Extensive hands-on experience in catalog and ROP retouching. Image manipulation that includes general color correction, creating silos, and performing complex image manipulation and composition changes.
· Extensive hands-on experience in production of catalog pages exported to PDF’s
· Ability to prep/export to ODF a minimum of 10 pages per hour and trap a minimum of 15 pages per hour.
· Extensive experience in prepress that provides a thorough understanding of the various needs of the printer for various processes (lithography and Gravure), paper grades, bindery issues, etc.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
· Organizational skills to manage multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines.
· Able to produce quality work at a fast pace (minimum of 6 moderate silos/hour or 6 moderate merchandise matching/hour).
· Strong technical experience with various output devices, especially printers and high-end contract proof equipment. Must have fundamental understanding of creating various profile tables for such devices.
Reports to: Manager, Imaging
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List