· Consolidate financials for IT organization, providing monthly updates to senior management.
· Track and manage costs in the yearly capital and expense budget and forecasts for assigned areas, including both operational and project spend.
· Review invoice coding and validate against budgets and forecasts.
· Use financial systems to research and reconcile financial discrepancies.
· Track items on Risk and Opportunity log and communicate updates to management.
· Maintain Business Partner Relationships with Finance, Accounting and Fixed Assets through transparency, proactive risk mitigation and prompt issue resolution.
· Identify, quantify and assist in implementing expense savings ideas.
· Prepare reporting and financial analysis for Senior Management including explanations of variances to forecast, plan, and prior periods and other ad hoc analysis as requested.
· Serve as a team lead, building effective working relationships with other Financial Analysts, helping to improve the quality of work across the team in a proactive and productive manner.
· Work with IT Finance Director to define best practices for recurring operational work (tools/processes).
· Lead the monthly close process and submit final draft of the close packet with minimum rework.
· Partner with IT Financial Analysts to ensure regular work products are submitted on time.
· Provide financial analytics to support key business initiatives and decisions.
· Participate in ad-hoc business analysis projects as necessary.Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
· Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred.
· 6+ years experience in Accounting and or Finance.
· Demonstrated knowledge of capital and expense budgeting, forecasting and monthly accruals.
· Ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently as the situation demands
· Excellent relationship management skills.
· Takes accountability for area of responsibility and can act as an independent leader with little direction required from the manager.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company.
· Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills.
· Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
· Knowledge of Hyperion Planning, Essbase, and Lawson financials is desired.
· Demonstrated proactive approach with desire to continually increase knowledge and responsibilities.
· Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
· Reports To: Director, IT Finance.
· Supervises: May have direct reports.