The Lead Fashion Stylist is responsible for establishing the styling of apparel and accessories guidelines for photography and ensuring that styling team understands the directives on how merchandise is styled according to Belk brands’ fashion guidelines.
- Provides oversight of on-set styling of merchandise samples for on-figure and off-figure photography following creative concepts and styling standards that promote merchandise objectives and brand strategies;
- Maintain set with photo production team to organize workload for the day, and meet daily expectations
- Sample and calendar management to ensure departmental organization to meet all project and business deadlines.
- Manages merchandise flow as it travels through all phases of production as well as use of samples between projects and multiple teams;
- Maintains and organizes photo sample and prop storage areas
- Ensures styling rooms are organized, maintained and in efficient working order
- Maintains current usability of props to include helping identify props in need of replacement and laundering items as needed
- Procures props as directed and provides creative solutions to styling issues when appropriate
- Keeps up to date with trends in fashion and retail
- Develops and mentors assistant stylists
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6+ years of styling or fashion experience within a corporate and field environment
- Degree in Fashion, Visual Merchandising or related field, or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of current fashion trends with strong sense of style
- Understanding of digital photography, production studio pace and efficiency
- Proficient with MAC systems and Adobe software
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work in a production environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited direction or standardization exists.
- Strong communication skills and excellent ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Flexibility and patience with the ability to accommodate last minute additions to schedules and change in direction
Back to Job List