The Infrastructure Delivery Manager is responsible for the delivery of infrastructure, providing technical guidance and oversight and acting as a point of escalation and technical support. Plays a role in setting the infrastructure strategy, designing and building infrastructure and continually improving the infrastructure.
This position will be leading a group of architects and engineers in the Network Infrastructure and Windows Infrastructure space. The Delivery Manager should have solid background and experience in these areas, including:
· Working closely with the Architects, develops and ensures infrastructure standards are followed.
· Undertakes portfolio planning at the start of the year and manages to agreed plan and budget throughout the year.
· Develops roadmaps to guide infrastructure strategy.
· Provides input into the evaluation of proposed new infrastructure solutions, ensuring they use agreed standards and technologies.
· Ensures effective infrastructure architecture reviews and technology/service evaluations occur.
· Ensures detailed designs are developed for new or changing infrastructure environments.
· Oversees effective installation, configuration, maintenance and replacement of equipment (e.g. servers, storage, middleware, load balancing).
· Ensures effective operational readiness planning and execution.
· Participates in lifecycle, financial and capacity planning.
· Ensures technical support and consultation is provided to colleagues and customers as needed.
· Provides technical guidance to Tier 2 support teams.
· Responsible for budget development and management.
· Oversees and measures the fulfillment of contractual obligations in conjunction with vendor management.
· Develops strategies to address under-performance and compliance failures, including application of contract terms.
· Identifies where changes are required, evaluates the impact, and advises stakeholders about the implications and risks for the business and/or the procurement element of projects.
· Negotiates contract variations and renewals, seeking appropriate authorization and ensuring compliance with SOX and audit requirements.
· Builds effective relationships between IT, business users, and internal/external service providers.
· Effectively communicates relevant information to stakeholders and teams
· Leads, coaches, and manages direct reports.
· Provides support and guidance as required, in line with individuals’ abilities.
· Advises individuals on career paths, and encourage pro-active development of skills and capabilities.
· Sets performance targets, and monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
· Provides effective feedback, throughout the performance management cycle, to ensure optimum performance.
· Mentors individuals, possibly within other parts of the organization.
· Participates, as appropriate, in formal processes such as compensation negotiations and disciplinary procedures.
· Allocates and balances resources to effectively support project, enhancements, and defect remediation initiatives.
· Allocates responsibilities and/or packages of work.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Computer Science or related field strongly preferred
· 2-5 years of experience
· Experience building and maintain infrastructure solutions
· Experience in managing and leading an IT team (including third party / outsourced teams), developing and managing infrastructure solutions
· Working experience with security and network/distributed computing concepts
Preferred Education & Experience:
· ITIL Foundations
· Working experience in systems applications and hardware, server architecture, operating platforms, NAS/SAN technologies, and internet and web applications
· Working experience writing and maintaining scripts in multiple languages
· Working experience in system engineering with large server environment
· Working experience in project management and budgeting.
· Build long-term, strategic relationships with business all and IT stakeholders.
· Act as a point of contact and facilitate access to subject matter experts.
· Communicates to senior levels on technical, Shared Services, and 3rd-party issues.
· Take responsibility for installation projects, providing effective team leadership.
· Monitors the effectiveness of installations and ensures that appropriate recommendations for change are made.
· Provide design documentation and scripting to ensure smooth transition to operations.
· Oversee and measure the fulfillment of contractual obligations.
· Use key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor and challenge performance and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Develop strategies to address under-performance and compliance failures, including application of contract terms.
· Identify where changes are required, evaluate the impact, and advise stakeholders about the implications and consequences for the business and/or the procurement element of projects.
· Negotiate variations and seek appropriate authorization.
· Lead, coach, and manage direct reports.
· Provide support and guidance as required, in line with individuals’ abilities.
· Advise individuals on career paths, and encourage pro-active development of skills and capabilities.
· Set performance targets, and monitor progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
· Provide effective feedback, throughout the performance management cycle, to ensure optimum performance.
· Participate, as appropriate, in formal processes such as compensation negotiations and disciplinary procedures.
· Allocate resources to effectively support initiatives.
· Allocate responsibilities and/or packages of work.
· Links Belk’s brand, goals, and strategies to team’s work
· Communicates purpose, objectives, and tasks
· Demonstrates positive attitude and commitment to achieve company goals and priorities
· Delegates appropriate responsibilities and holds staff accountable for results
· Explains the benefits of change and helps individuals overcome resistance to change
· Takes initiative to develop new ideas to improve productivity and effectiveness
· Encourages continuous improvement
· Builds and leverages a strong network to improve results
· Enables cooperative and productive team interactions
· Works collaboratively to resolve conflicts and achieve shared goals
· Celebrates workplace success and achievement
· Provides individuals with development opportunities to expand their capabilities
· Models behaviors and takes action to drive engagement
· Actively encourages diverse perspectives in interactions with others
· Provides ongoing feedback and coaching to team
· Focuses team on delivering the brand in all customer interactions
· Sets priorities to ensure the customer comes first
· Emphasizes a team approach to providing great customer service
· Empowers employees to improve service delivery
· Communicates goals frequently and clearly
· Ensures team maintains quality standards
· Helps team prioritize work to deliver results
· Responds to setbacks with workable solutions
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.