The HR Shared Services Operations Specialist is responsible for day-to-day activities related to the administration of associate, payroll and benefits transactions. In addition, this position will provide HR support services, along with maintenance of HR documentation. This position is responsible for human resources information including record keeping, reporting and information management systems, providing administrative and project management support to the HRIS management team.
- Answer calls and emails in a prompt, courteous and accurate manner.
- Provide a high-level of customer service to associate and retiree inquiries in accordance with established performance standards.
- Work to positively influence and get along with team members. Provide support for other shared services team members as needed with questions and cases.
- In addition, the HR Shared Services Operations Specialist may support one or more of the following specialty areas:
- Creates and maintains associate files as required by laws and regulations
- Reviews incoming documents to ensure that all required information is complete and proper coding is available for data entry.
- Enters, updates and proofs all associate records in the HRIS database (PeopleSoft) including new hires, terminations, personal changes and all salary changes.
- Reviews weekly HRIS/Payroll data audit report to ensure accurate data entry of all administration changes.
- Performs employment verification's to ensure factuality and confidentiality.
- Keeps abreast of federal and statement employment law requirements and assists team in creating/updating procedures to ensure compliance.
- Maintain and update highly confidential information on a daily basis
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Performs the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan.
- Transfers data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Perform daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Maintain employee benefits files and maintain group benefits data base.
- Gather employee data for processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans. Allocate group health and dental claims monthly and reviews quarterly.
I-9 Administration and Labor Compliance
- Conduct EEO-1 & Related Annual Filings/State Level Audits
- Pull reports for State DOL requests
- Manage new hire missing I-9 report
- Analyze 1-9 & Background Management Reports
- Monitor I-9 Clickboard
- Monitor work authorization with the re-verification report
- Clean up pending I-9s, receipts due and e-verify
- Create and maintain procedure documents
- Create and maintain training materials for stores
- Monitor new hire paperwork and training confirmations
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year HR administrative or benefits administration experience required
- Proven teamwork and project management experience
- Proven effective interpersonal skills – customer service driven
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Benefit or HRIS experience e.g. Workday, SAP, ADP, PeopleSoft, etc…
- Benefits billing and arrears experience
· Problem-solving skills
· PC skills – Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
· Organizational or time management skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written
· Ability to meet deadlines
Back to Job List