The role of the HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR Centers of Expertise (COE) and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Supports the execution of business strategy, goals and priorities
- Supports the delivery of solutions to improve processes, team dynamics, etc. to optimize organizational effectiveness
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR COEs to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Acts as a change agent to client groups, partners and project teams to drive organizational change through the application of a common framework, process and set of best practice tools, which prepare employees for ongoing change and transformation.
- Supports business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Partners in developing effective leaders within the organization, focusing on leadership needs and key themes identified as part of the business strategy and organizational and talent review processes.
- Assists in the creation of development plans for high potential employees and identifies high potentials at all levels for current- and future-state critical roles
- Supports the design and implementation of retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals with core competencies or skills critical to the organization. Coach leaders on their personal efficacy and leadership impact.
- Executes elements of the work environment strategies to increase productivity, employee performance, and employee satisfaction and design metrics to track the effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Advocates for a positive employee experience at each phase of the employee life cycle.
- Creates processes and solutions in partnership with management which support a positive employee relations environment through effective communications, policies and practices.
- Consults with management, providing HR policy review and HR guidance when appropriate.
- Partners to resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' applicable experience
- Comparable experience of working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent people management skills
- Proficient in suite of Microsoft Office programs
- Business Acumen – Understand the business, operating as a business professional first and secondly as a HR professional.
- Communication – Communicates in a simple, clear and concise manner. Quickly responds to HR and business associates.
- Consultation - Proactively identifies issues/needs and develops recommended solutions.
- Relationship Management – Be a trusted advisor to the HR team and the business.
- Collaborative – The business experiences HR as one integrated team.
- Consumer driven – Views employees as HRs customers and keeps them at the forefront of all decisions.
- HR Expertise – Demonstrates HR knowledge of laws and business policies.
- Ethical Practice – Always operate ethically, keeping sensitive information confidential.
Back to Job List