The Graphic Designer position is responsible for developing innovative, eye catching visual concepts that communicate campaign ideas that increase brand awareness, help grow customer base, and drive sales.
- In conjunction with Art Director, develops and designs (print) projects from initial concept to launch which includes specific creative detail such as typography, an/or functionality.
- Meets with the Art Director to determine scope of project, initiate concepts, select colors, artwork, photography, style of type and other visual elements for the design, produces mock ups and illustrations for print or digital.
- Selects the size and arrangement of the different elements on the page or screen.
- Sets up all art for printing high quality graphics according to standards.
- Builds all job document templates to meet print requirements.
- Delivers technically accurate documents to prepress as well as the preflight team prior to release.
- Gathers any necessary research and information needed to complete a project.
- Determines design and layout to bring ideas to life in print or digital with creative design solutions.
- Translates creative strategy into the most effective way to get the message across in print or web media for assigned areas of business.
- Collaborates with Creative team to identify objectives and to translate those objectives into professional designs to project desired image.
- Gather relevant information on current and market trends to understand both the internal business strategies as well as the external competitive landscape.
- Reviews turn in direction, seasonal guides and creative direction and identifies issues specific to design and documents for creative review
- Manages multiple projects that are ready to be designed, or ready for edits.
- Prioritizes tracks, handles and maintains records of the elements and time schedules of multiple projects.
- Maintains all creative project and designs files and illustration library as needed.
- Presents completed designs for approval to Art Director, Director of Copy & Content or Digital Copy Manager within production deadlines.
- Makes necessary edits and changes until collateral is ready for publication / post production handoff
- Identifies any design concerns or issues prior to final to adhere to product deadlines.
- Stays abreast of industry trends for updated printing techniques, cost effective print finishing or web design styles, and new industry substrates.
- Continuously searches for new ideas, substrates, print techniques that are cost effective.
- Continuously works to design new components that are easily installed into creative process and support business priorities
- Gathers relevant information on current market trends to understand both the internal business strategies as well as the external competitive landscape.
- Completes additional tasks as assigned
- Associate Degree
- 2+ years related experience or training.
Reports Directly to: VP Creative, Brand Strategy, Sr Art Director, or Lead Designer as established by business need.
- Strong graphic design and creative skills with an emphasis in retail
- Able to communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing.
- Good organizational and time management skills to manage numerous tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills to include working knowledge of design software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, Adobe Flash.)
- Work independently as well as in team environment.
- Knowledge of related computer applications
- Operate basic office machines
- Willing and able to work additional time.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List