Position Summary:Director Digital Planning is responsible for the overall financial direction of eCommerce & Omni-Channel with the goal of meeting / exceeding sales, margin and EBITDA targets. Director Planning works with Merchandise Planning, Location Planning, Finance, and Supply Chain to align all Planning KPIs with the teams. Additionally, the Director Digital Planning are responsible for developing seasonal operational plans for eCommerce & Omni-Channel and managing the eCommerce operational forecasts with the planning and allocation teams. In-season, the Director pulls together the operational forecast from the planning team into a total eCommerce operational plan. The Director also provides in-depth analysis of sales by day and event and provides recommendations to maximize sales and profitability. The Director supports all operational plans for Supply Chain and provides cross functional support to Finance, Digital Operations, Marketing and Merchant Planning teams.
- Lead, Train and Develop Digital Planners
- Provide global leadership for Belk.com and Micro-Sites into a larger strategy for eCommerce
- Share learnings across areas to maximize sales and EBITDA across all areas
- Align with Finance, Supply Chain and GVPs / VPs Planning on strategic priorities
- Create and manage the digital merchandise financial plans with The Digital Planning Team bringing together the operational plans with the merchandise plans by FOB, DC, Department, Vendor, or Class as appropriate
- Develop fulfillment plans in partnership with Supply Chain to Omni-channel targets and fulfillment capabilities
- Provide Finance and Supply Chain with planning KPIs and forecasts to improve operations and maximize EBITDA
- Analyze sales, margin, turn, as part of the monthly operational forecast and makes recommendations for actions needed to maximize sales and margin
- Analyze product performance by channel of sale and fulfillment type to ensure maximum sales and profitability
- Oversee style and SKU count analysis to maximize sales, turn, and margin goals
- Identify strategies to minimize the aging of inventory and proposals to the planning teams on strategies and pricing recommendations to address the aging inventory.
- Study promotions and profitability of LTO events, sales and coupons and provides recommendations on how to improve future events that will maximize gross profit and EBITDA
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly forecasts taking into account the impact of various marketing efforts, including sales promotion, e-mail, social, and online interactive marketing.
- Utilize the forecast data to accurately project Fulfillment Center operations and ensure that the forecast meets acceptable variance targets
- Track Fulfillment Center capacity and partner with Supply Chain on fulfillment strategies
- Prepare ad hoc reporting in addition to base forecasting
- Bachelors degree required
- 7-10 years of retail experience; 3-4 years in merchandising or financial planning or forecasting in a multi-channel retail environment
- eCommerce experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience with eCommerce analytic packages such as CoreMetrics or Omniture desired
- Previous experience in Fulfillment Center forecasting preferred
- Previous experience in Omni-Channel preferred
Back to Job List