The Director, HR Business
Partner is responsible for managing the strategic and day-to day administration
of HR, working in close partnership with assigned leader - and teams - to
create workable solutions that influence and sustain high levels of employee
engagement and productivity to meet business goals. As a trusted adviser, the
Director understands the business, is skilled in monitoring the pulse of the
organization, and utilizes available systems, human capital analyses,
scorecards and key measures to deliver a people strategy that meets the needs
of the business.
Client Support and Coaching:
- Position the role of Business Partner as an integral part of the client management team by developing effective working relationships, influencing, challenging the senior management team, where needed, and the development and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and HR strategies.
- Advise client on topics to include organization structure, leadership effectiveness, team dynamics, and talent planning.
- Partner with the business to develop a resource strategy that defines the needs and competencies needed for talent.
- Work with leaders of business functions to understand how restructurings and other changes may impact the organization.
- Provide support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the HR strategy, using knowledge of the client area. Facilitate the creation of an implementation and communication plan into the local business area that achieves the agreed deliverables.
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in people management
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure that there is a pipeline of talent available to support the strategy for client group
- Partner with clients and the Talent Management team to develop and implement the development strategy for Belk Associates
- Define and implement strategies to align business and talent focused around development and succession planning
- Work with business leaders to assess employee potential for future roles and responsibilities.
- Acts as a strategic business partner to the business. The position will design, build and execute strategic HR programs that drive exceptional business performance.
- Provide strategic direction and input on the overall delivery of services, as well as other HR strategies that impact the business and the client's needs.
- Serve as a point of contact to effectively link all HRBP initiatives to help create synergy and consistency across client groups.
- Partner with internal resources to execute HR initiatives and client-specific programs, as well as lead the efforts to ensure seamless employer/employee communication.
- Identify the need for change, and be an integral partner to change initiatives within the client group.
- Recognize important industry trends impacting the company, translating that knowledge into actionable approaches/best practices to improve the business.
Special projects and other duties as assigned.
All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Education, Training, and/or Certifications:
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- Specific Degree: Human Resources, Business, or related
- Masters degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- Specific Certifications: PHR/SPHR
- 8 or more years of applicable experience
- Industry experience: N/A
- 10 or more years of applicable experience
- Specific work or project experience: N/A
- Agility in dealing with immediate changes in the organization and projects.
- Demonstrated expertise influencing the business strategy and shaping HR strategic direction.
- Project management capabilities, with experience handling direct interaction with senior leaders.
- Management experience, allowing the candidate to manage, both directly and indirectly, a skilled and highly motivated staff of HR teammates to consistently deliver high impact solutions that support the business area's ability to achieve goals.
- Understands meaning and implications of key financial indicators.
- Employee relations, compensation, staffing, generalist responsibilities, benefit administration, information systems, training and development, etc.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills; strong business acumen
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
Reports Directly to:
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List