Responsible for designing, developing and executing
product designs that achieve Belk’s Private Brand objectives, and overall
product strategy. Participate in research and development of seasonal trends
and ensure that designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price
points, and overall creative direction.
- Strong fashion sense and ability to
translate merchant/ market input into highly salable product.
- Create and present design concepts
to Product Management, Merchant Teams, Trend Department, Technical Design
and Vendor partners.
- Create development sketches for new
private brand styles.
- Apply understanding of design
process and Private Brands/Merchant’s business objectives to ensure
consistency and drive financial results.
- Collaborate with Product
Management, Overseas Offices, Merchandising, Trend Department, Textile
Design, Technical Design/QA, and Vendors to achieve product execution and
maintain design integrity.
- Produce cohesive product
presentations to sell concept to entire team, including boards, tear sheets
- Evaluate all meeting and production
samples with extended Private Brand team.
- Participate as a member of Private
Brand team for continual improvement of product.
Other Duties and
- Develop relationships and interact
with extended Private Brand teams, extended Merchandising teams, Trend
Director, Overseas Offices, and vendors to exchange ideas, leverage expertise
and streamline the process.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- BS, BA in Fashion Design, Fine Art
or related field.
- 5 years experience in related
field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated creative ability.
- Knowledge of design and product
- Presentation and organizational
- Proven design expertise in a given
- Commercial sense and market
- Strong listening skills and
experience assimilating product feedback.
- Ability to prioritize and manage
workload with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated proactive thinking and
problem solving ability; team player.
- Ability to research and apply
- PC skills, knowledge of design
related computer system.
For reasonable accommodation information
for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy
Back to Job List