The Database Management Specialist is responsible for collaborating with the team and working with external database vendor partners to ensure customer marketing database integrity; including the change management process needed to support customer analytics, campaign management and IT initiatives. The Database Management Specialist will apply leadership, strategic thinking and project management skills to ensure optimal database design & integrity required to support a 360 view of the customer from various data sources. This position will also act as a liaison with internal IT partners to support company initiatives as required. The Database Management Specialist will develop and manage current and future customers on the marketing database to help maximize ROI for marketing campaigns and ensure accurate data for analysis to guide future business decisions. Specifically:
· Be the subject matter expert for the customer marketing database. Understand industry best practices & make recommendations to improve the customer marketing database to support marketing initiatives.
· Ownership of the change management process. Work with external vendor partner on a regular basis to resolve database integrity issues to support customer analytics, campaign management and IT initiatives.
· Monitor the health of the marketing database and work with internal & external partners to take corrective action as needed. Including, but not limited to operational reporting, assisting with management of data feeds and updating of customer records using customer service portal.
· Work closely with internal customer audience strategist to enhance customer database information for use with campaign targeting; and assist with database design optimization to insure ease of use for the marketing team and query performance speed during the campaign selection process.
· Work with other external vendors as needed to supplement existing customer data to provide a 360-degree view of the customer -- including prospects process from list rental agency.
· Provide data governance as needed for customer data.
Minimum Education & Experience:
· BA or BS College Degree.
· 1-3 years of marketing experience (retail experience preferred)
· Solid understanding of customer marketing databases and data models.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent tasks and initiatives.
· Ability to lead projects, report status and manage/mitigate issues and risks.
· Any other job-related responsibilities as assigned by supervisor or management.
Preferred Education & Experience: