The Item Data Administrator is responsible for managing Item Data In the organization’s item master database. Investigate and perform all merchandising updates to product information for date synchronization and resolves day to day Item issues in the areas of Merchandising, Logistics, Finance and other areas that consume item master data.
· Ensure that Item Master Data is in Sync in all Belk Systems
· Works cross functionally with other Business Areas concerning item data integrity
· Work with Replenishment & Merchants for new vendor set up and maintenance
· Perform Research on all incoming calls, emails, letters and other forms of communication from BSS merchants, vendors, store merchants and other Belk areas relative to item master data and set up. Makes all necessary changes to item master data as a result of research and coordination with key stakeholders.
· Gather, research and take appropriate action regarding Help Desk tickets that are called in by BSS and store personnel
· Process special orders for China, Silver, Guild for merchandise in coordination with BSS merchants.
· Research and resolve all data integrity issues reported by BSS merchants and store personnel.
· Work cross functionally to analyze item data on all batch error reports. Coordinate and perform all necessary updates to Item Master Data based on that analysis.
· Advise BSS Merchants on item setup and procedures
· Work closely with the EDI Control Group regarding electronic interchanges and GXS issues
· Utilize GXS on-line catalog to research and resolve set up and maintenance issues for merchants and/or vendors. Perform updates based on any differences in vendor style information that are found to be inconsistent with Item Master Data style information.
· Coordinate communication and timing of error resolution updates with key stakeholders of Master Data information
· Coordinate and/or make appropriate changes in item Master Database to support routine maintenance.
· Maintain a good basic knowledge of technical applications and interfacing merchandising systems and how they relate to item master data.
· Assist in development of procedural changes due to merchandising system changes or installations of new merchandising systems which interface with item Master Database or rely on item master data for specific information.
· Assist Item Control Supervisor in training new Item MasterData Administrators.
· Provide backup for other Item MasterData Administrators when necessary
§ High school diploma required; college or comparable experience preferred.
§ Experience in database administration helpful.
§ 1-3 years experience in the merchandising or merchandise support role.
§ Functional understanding of retail business processes.
§ Excellent computer skills
§ Familiarity with Microsoft suite of applications
§ Web expertise (including GXS) preferred
§ Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
§ Experience working with third party software.
§ Experience with core retail processes and applications
§ Ability to perform administrative functions
§ Able to identify, challenge, and consider opportunities outside of traditional ways of operating to resolve problems or inefficiencies.
§ Possess good verbal and written communication skills. Effective at communicating task status.
§ Must have organizational and logic skills.
§ Ability to resolve issues in a high pressure & time critical environment
§ Ability to operate a PC and enter data
§ Ability to sit for long periods of time in an office environment
§ Follow any job-related instructions requested by supervisor or management.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.