Responsible for writing, proofing, and editing advertising copy (print, broadcast to online media) to promote the sale of merchandise and services or reflect objectives for special projects. The Graphic Designer position is responsible for developing innovative, eye catching visual concepts that communicate campaign ideas that increase brand awareness, help grow customer base, and drive sales
* Reviews turn in documents and the seasonal guides and identifies any new creative direction issues specific to content and documents for creative review
* Manages multiple projects that are ready to be written, ready to be proofread or ready for edits.
* Adheres to all project deadlines.
* Works with cross functional partners on the development of concepts, obtains information on product or service, then develops copy for projects working in the required media
* Attends meetings to discuss concepts, requirements and core messages for advertising copy
* Gathers product service information (pricing, event information, product specifications, etc.) needed to complete assigned projects.
* Works with Director of Copy & Content to establish copy tone and concepts, and ensure adherence to strategic focus and brand guidelines.
* Collaborates with cross functional partners to identify objectives and to translate them into professional editorial copy and copy points to project desired story.
* Attend previews, reviews, presentations, and other project-related meetings as needed to ensure adherence to strategic focus and brand guidelines.
* Verifies accuracy of all advertising materials ensuring 100% accuracy to include pricing, product/event information, headlines, grammar, spelling, and punctuation, while adhering to brand guidelines and legal requirements.
* Writes, edits, and proofreads all advertising at each stage of production making sure it is clear, concise, and accurate
* Makes corrections and edits to copy for the life of the ad project, continuing to proof through hand off to post production team.
* Partners with Director of Copy & Content and Art Directors to maintain organized and appropriate project records, files, and documentation
* Organizes all communication with regard to project objectives and elements
* Provide clear historical documentation for future projects
* Communicates with internal and external partners for the best possible story and product presentation; considers feedback and adjusts all copy to meet the needs of the customer, marketing and management.
* Reviews advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of specific and related goods and services to formulate presentation approach.
* Analyzes what other retailers are doing in an effort to identify important trends in retail fashion and home merchandise to make certain our campaigns are current or "trendy" and competitive with the market place.
* Complete additional tasks as assigned.
* 2+ years related experience or training
* Strong writing skills to include tone, structure, grammar, spelling, and factual accuracy.
* Ability to develop creative copy concepts
* Extensive knowledge of In Design
* Ability to work both independently or in a team environment
* Background in writing, journalism, advertising, marketing, freelance writer, communications, mass media is useful.
* Highly organized with attention to details and is able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects.
* Understanding of real climate, landscape, and terminology.
Reports Directly to: Director of Copy & Content, or Digital Copy Manager, as established by business need
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.