The Audience Strategist is responsible for collaborating with the team on building and nurturing audience engagement for various direct mail and email promotional events. The Audience Strategist will apply leadership, strategic thinking and hands-on execution skills to growing the targeted audiences for our current and future customers. The Audience Strategist will develop and execute new business promotions & testing strategies to gain learnings to maximize ROI for direct mail and email campaigns, along with acquisition & retention efforts for direct mail & email database marketing. Specifically:
· Oversee & be the subject matter expert for the monthly audience selection strategy to provide structure and support using a test & learn approach with models provided by the customer insights team.
· Analyze, interpret and provide insights & strategic recommendations to leadership to drive ROI.
· Develop program design, documentation and execution using IBM Campaign/Unica query building tool.
· Help establish & communicate the marketing vision to stakeholders from strategy through measurement, to support a data driven culture.
· Work with team on strategies for customer acquisition, retention and profitability; as well as reporting measurement and analysis to ensure ROI goals are being achieved.
· Assist with building and updating of the corporate direct mail calendar
· Provide recommendations & develop initiatives in response to analysis of the data.
leadership & support to database marketing specialist team members as needed
to implement and evaluate vendor marketing efforts.
Minimum Education & Experience:
· BA or BS College Degree.
· 1-3 years of marketing experience (retail experience preferred)
· Retail experience, customer database
· Strong understanding of list development, management, and segmentation
· Ability to lead projects, report status and manage/mitigate issues and risks.
· Strategic analytics background coupled with a drive towards execution and delivery.
Preferred Education & Experience: