The associate technical designer assists in the product development process of private brand labels. Directly responsible for an area of business within the technical designer’s total. Liaison in development and fit of private brand merchandise between brand management, design, and cross-functional development team.
- Collaborate with brand manager and design team to translate the product design and style vision into a consistent fit and quality level by the development of technical specification.
- Communicator of technical information. Responsible for communicating with suppliers and internal team members to achieve the desired fit/quality for individual styles and product category.
- Assist technical designer in building technical specifications including technical illustration, construction details/seam specification, measurement spec, trim requirements and block patterns where necessary.
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance with measurement, construction, style and fit intent.
- Ensure size and fit consistency within individual brands. Adhere to established blocks.
- Assist technical designer in fit sessions with product managers, design team, and buying partners. Develop technical skills, and offer innovative solutions to achieve the desired fit expression based on brand profile.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Aid in completing illustration library of various construction applications to streamline the sketching process.
- Assist in the development of garment block library.
- Assist technical designer in benchmarking and store reviews. Prepare samples and create reports to communicate information to cross-functional team members. Coordinate with technical designer to report information
- Partner with technical designer to generate and analyze sample status and sales reports to determine any development issues. Collaborate with vendor to resolve issues as necessary.
- In partnership with assistant technical designer, monitor the follow up and tracking of samples to maintain delivery dates.
- Continue to develop pattern adjustment and patternmaking, grading skills. Block pattern development.
- Assist the technical designer in ensuring the accuracy of all data in PLM.
- Ensure the product meets all quality and safety standards.
- Learn the product life cycle.
- Participate in department and companywide special projects as appropriate to skill set.
Education & Experience:
- BS, BA Pattern making, Fashion Design, Technical Design or related program.
- 2-5 years technical design, patternmaking or related experience required
- Flat pattern knowledge, pattern manipulation, draping and grading skills.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of web based product development program, Adobe Illustrator, Windows applications
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, interpersonal skills
- Engaging personality
- Self-motivated and driven to learn
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to follow product through the life-cycle.
- Detail-oriented personality with strong time management and organizational skills.
Reports Directly to: Technical Designer or Sr. Technical Designer as business need dictates.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List