The associate color & product integrity manager partners with the color & product integrity manager & sourcing teams to evaluate lab dips, print strike-offs, bulk fabrics, trims, and test reports to ensure color and quality standards are met for the assigned brand(s) or category.
- Follow Belk’s “Color Evaluation SOE”; utilizing light booths, spectrophotometer, and spectral data for color evaluation.
- Provide technical expertise to advise corrections or approvals for lab dips, prints, yarn dyes and bulk fabric/ trims.
- Communicate color comments /approvals to appropriate business partners.
- Partner with manager in daily functions including updating and maintaining color manuals and procedures.
- Help obtain spectral metrics to report on global colorist and mill performance.
- Partner with brand teams to review line sheets and color palettes during development to identify substrate and color execution limitations.
- Recognize and communicate potential failures in product testing. Provide technical feedback for alternate solutions.
- Support manager in monitoring Federal (CPSC/ FTC) and State regulations to ensure compliance as a national brand.
- Review lab test reports, product labeling, and care instructions. Recommend corrective actions to ensure product integrity and federal compliance as necessary.
- Review and certify CPSIA product certification documents for goods, prior to import.
- Analyze fabrics to determine appropriate construction limitations and quality.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize brand information and color cards for global color offices and marketing team
- File approved lab dip records
- Maintain trim code database of global color matches
- Maintain inventory and invoicing of color library design tools and standards
- Assist in routine maintenance of lab equipment
Minimum Education & Experience:
- BS in Polymer Color Chemistry, Textiles or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in color management, textile testing, fabric development
- Superior color vision
- Working knowledge of spectrophotometers
- Woven and knit fabric construction and finishing knowledge
- Understanding of AATCC and ASTM textile test methods
- Strong verbal and written skills
- High level of organizational skills
- PC Proficient, including Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel mastery a plus)
- Ability to work well in a cross functional environment
Reports Directly to: Sr Color & Product Integrity Manager and/or Color & Product Integrity Manager as dictated by business need.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List