Responsible for creation, development and execution of
artwork that achieve Belk Private Brand’s objectives, and overall product
strategy. Participate in research and development of seasonal trends and ensure
that designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points, and
overall creative direction.
- Strong fashion sense and ability to
translate merchant/ market input into highly salable product.
- Create and present textile design
concepts to Apparel Design, Product Management, Merchant Teams, Trend
Department, and Vendor partners.
- Create artwork for new private
- Apply understanding of design
process and Private Brands/Merchant’s business objectives to ensure
consistency and drive financial results.
- Collaborate with Apparel Design,
Product Management, Overseas Offices, Merchandising, Trend Department,
Technical Design/QA, and Vendors to achieve product execution and maintain
- Produce cohesive textile design
presentations to sell concept to entire team, including boards, tear
sheets and samples.
- Evaluate all meeting and production
samples with extended Private Brand team.
- Participate as a member of Private
Brand team for continual improvement of product.
- BS/BA degree with a major in
Textile/Surface Design or closely related focus.
- 2-5 years textile design experience
in related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated Creative ability.
- Must have experience with the
current design software products i.e. Photoshop, Kaledo, Illustrator.
- Proven textile design experience in
a given category.
- Knowledge of print development
techniques and printing technology currently used throughout the
industry. Must be able to translate
these to various types of textiles.
- Must have strong working knowledge
of knit and woven textiles as they pertain to the textile design process.
- Ability to work well independently
and as part of a team.
- Ability to research and apply market/trend
- Good communication skills.
For reasonable accommodation information
for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy
Back to Job List